National Pro Fastpitch Star Andrea Duran Joins COMBATPerennial All-NPF Team Player Chooses COMBAT for Multiyear Agreement
KENT, Wash. – March 11, 2015 – COMBAT, a leading developer, designer and manufacturer of elite baseball and softball bats and apparel, announced today that Andrea Duran has signed on to Team COMBAT as she enters into her seventh season in the National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) league with the USSSA Pride. Former Team USA member, three-time NPF champion and four-time All-NPF team selection, Duran will exclusively use COMBAT apparel and equipment on the field and will also lend her expertise and insights to help with the design, marketing and advancement of COMBAT products.
“As one of the most decorated NPF players in US softball history already, Andrea will be a tremendous partner to COMBAT,” said Don Cooper, Director of Sales and Marketing at COMBAT. “She brings her unbelievable talent and ability but also incredible recognition to not only our brand but the growing success and popularity of this great sport. We are fortunate to have her as part of our team and look forward to collaborating with her and helping her to continue to achieve her goals in the sport.”
“COMBAT’s long leadership role and ever-growing presence in the Fastpitch world makes this an exciting partnership for me,” said Andrea Duran. “Their belief in and support of women Fastpitch is unquestionable. I have lived inside this sport my whole life and can honestly say that COMBAT has done so much for the sport and the players.”
An all around player, Duran has offensive and defensive accomplishments that are as impressive as they are consistent. Additional highlights include:
- Won three NPF Championships (2010, 2013, 2014)
- Four-time NPF Regular Season Champion (2011, 2012, 2014,2015)
- Four-time named to the All-NPF Team (2011, 2013, 2014,2015)
- 2015 Season: Duran was in the top 5 in batting avg., doubles, total bases, slugging pct., on base, RBI, home runs, stolen bases, and total plate appearances.
- 2014 Season: Duran was honored with NPF Player of the Year. She had 47 hits, 26 RBI and runs scored with a batting average of .362. She led the league in on base percentage and walks at .478 and 27 respectively.
- 2013 Season: Duran earned All-NPF honors at 3rd base after posting a .355 batting average. Of her 39 hits, 11 were for extra bases including 6 doubles and 5 home-runs. With a .545 slugging percentage Duran tallied 25 RBIs. In game 2 of the championship series, Duran’s home-run propelled the Pride to victory.
- 2012 Season: Duran finished the 2012 season hitting .252, knocking out 6 home-runs, 17 RBI’s, 13 walks and 20 runs scored.
- 2011 Season: Duran’s 2011 season was her first to be named to an All-NPF Team as a 3rd She earned that position by hitting .278 with 4 home-runs (2 coming in the Playoffs), 13 RBI’s and 13 walks.
- 2010 Season: In Duran’s first season in the NPF saw her hitting .200 with 2 home-runs, 9 RBI’s and 8 stolen bases.
- NATIONAL TEAM EXPERIENCE: Won an Olympic silver medal (2008), won a gold medal at the Pan American Games (2007), won four World Cup Championships (2006, 2007, 2009, and 2010), and won 2 gold medals in World Championships (2006 & 2010).
- COLLEGE: 2006 Pac-10 Player of the Year, 2006 All-Women’s College World Series Team, 2006 NFCA All-American, 2003 & 2004 National Champions, 2004 NCAA Regional All-Tournament Team, 2004 All-Pac-10 Academic Honors, 2004 ESPN: The Magazine Academic All-American.